Search the forum,

Discuss Uncoupling in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stef

Looked at an outside job, a garden path leading to the front door of the property, it's cement/concrete & years old with only 2 cracks on it that look like they have been there for years.
Im wanting to put down an uncoupler but what's the best for an outside job?
I could probably get away with tiling as is but want to explore different options.

O

Old Mod

The stone job in my albums Stef I did last year had Ditra Drain fitted beneath all the stone and on the terrace, great stuff as Gary says.
Comes in 4&8mm profile.
I meant to post these images at the time but never got round to it.
This is it on terrace
image.jpeg

This is a piece of stone torn off of it after a couple of weeks just kicking about in the garden subjected to really crappy weather at the time, stuck fast.

image.jpeg

The channels it left beneath the stone.

image.jpeg

This is where excess was cut back, showing the imprint on the adhesive. Bugger to get up!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

These two images of it actually working. I spilt a bucket of water on the terrace and panicked for a min, forgetting that this was why I specked it! Haha When I gathered my thoughts and realised it was designed to drain I just got one or two photos.
If u look in front of the plastic u can see water draining off!

image.jpeg image.jpeg

The plastic was protecting the brickwork from adhesive.

This is biggest baddest bit of trim I've ever fitted haha
Notice the drain holes in the trim and how it overlaps into the existing gutter.
And if u know how big a flex grinder/polisher is u'll understand just how big this trim is! Haha
image.jpeg image.jpeg

The profile is Schluter's BARA-RAKE

S

Stef

Cheers folks.
Couldn't Ditra 25 be used on an outside job or BAL rapid mat or one of the other decouplers?
Just wondering if they are suitable for outdoor use.

Reply to Uncoupling in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen