Search the forum,

Discuss uncallibrated riven slate, opus romano in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

doug boardley

Just been given a 25m2 kitchen floor for next week, 25m2 of riven uncallibrated riven slate. Normally I'd clean slates up,grade from thick to thinner, seal and then lay, grout and then seal again. However given the Opus Romana pattern, I can forsee more lippage than Mick Jagger on a sulky day:thumbsdown: To combat this I've decided to fix tiles (working clean), remove excessive lips with a fine bolster, then seal, grout and then seal again after grouting. Just curious as to how you other guys would tackle this scenario.:thumbsup:

E

enduro

I would do the same...I have riven slate on my kitchen floor, it was here when i moved in. And it is the hardest floor to keep clean!! Thank god its multi coloured and not grey. :thumbsup:

Reaction score
Hi doug
I would still seal before installing , then bolster lips out - i would say i sharpen my bolster to a fine blade to get best results then reseal bits i take off , thats the only difference .
But iam sure your way as good as any other

Reply to uncallibrated riven slate, opus romano in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen