Currently reading:
Ultra tile adhesive.

Discuss Ultra tile adhesive. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Subscribed
Co.Durham
Mapei all day long.

I can see why TM need to look after their supply chain if they're getting it established. I used to hate it when is shown commitment to a manufacturer (underfloor heating) and got my traders used to it etc and then they all just sod off to another firm who's doing it 50p cheaper or whatever.

They are over priced nowa days.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Subscribed
Co.Durham
Tried anywhere else for Mapei? That might be CTD rather than Mapei.

Phg experienced the same , he stopped using them... But tbh I do prefer weber anyway .

Shame strummer can't deal with weber direct , they point you to ctd , wrong in many ways but that's how they roll.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Phg experienced the same , he stopped using them... But tbh I do prefer weber anyway .

Shame strummer can't deal with weber direct , they point you to ctd , wrong in many ways but that's how they roll.
Yeah CTD were distributors before being a tile outlet. Even topps tiles used to deal with them for tile ranges we didn't stock ourselves.

Are the weber prices competitive when you buy from them or not?

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Subscribed
Co.Durham
Yeah CTD were distributors before being a tile outlet. Even topps tiles used to deal with them for tile ranges we didn't stock ourselves.

Are the weber prices competitive when you buy from them or not?

Ctd used to be only 3 shops and distributors , then Saint-gobain bought them out .... So they were always tile outlets as well.

Weber prices are ok , as a tile fixer prices are fine but to buy from them as a tile shop and sell back out ... Not worth it...

Tilemaster prices are even better but looks like they are fixing who can and can't used them directly. Which I find very odd for a small outfit.. You'd think they would want as big a chunk as possible.

O

Old Mod

Ctd used to be only 3 shops and distributors , then Saint-gobain bought them out .... So they were always tile outlets as well.

Weber prices are ok , as a tile fixer prices are fine but to buy from them as a tile shop and sell back out ... Not worth it...

Tilemaster prices are even better but looks like they are fixing who can and can't used them directly. Which I find very odd for a small outfit.. You'd think they would want as big a chunk as possible.

I was speaking with Mark couple weeks ago about suppliers, and he said that they had an obligation to protect their outlets who supported them in the early days.

Reply to Ultra tile adhesive. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Let us know which brand of tiles adhesive you use. And the price per bag trade if possible. Let's see if there's is a disparity across the country.
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully screwed in. The Tiler laid my 5mm hex mosaic tiles on a 2mm bed, so obvs wasn't going to drain. I took...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
Hi, I‘ve just finished tiling the majority of my garden path. Base is concrete, and tiles are porcelain. I’ve just got to the end of my bag of Mapei flexible rapid set tile adhesive (powdered)...
Replies
Views
Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. Over the years I've used the good advice that I've read on this forum but with my current project I am a bit stumped. I am renovating an ensuite, it's...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement