Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss UK Tiling Forum | Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

bobbynz

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hi, guys and girls, i had a good search for some pics of some mosaics i've done over the years and thought you might want a look see.
I haven't been into it lately but after digging these up i think i might start something soon. I cut all the tesserae from glazed 150mm ceramic tiles and one inch glass mosaic pieces all on a little rubi t300. Then cut and shaped with nippers.
Most have gone to friends and family some sold, some commissioned and a few i've kept for myself.There are a few around the country that i dont even have photos for as i sometimes forget to take one before they get picked up.
I'd hate to work out how many hours i've spent in total on all the work i've done. Most of the time i'm happy with the result.
The bitter sweet moment is when i've completed one and about to start on another, i think any one who tackles this kind of work would know what i mean.
I haven't tried to compare with anyone else.I dont think you can really, its just that what you produce is really got to be for yourself and nobody else. If in the meantime somebody likes what you produce and its for sale or if a friend or family member shows some delight in it well it's theirs.
Anyway here you go :thumbsup:

Attachments

• pukeko.JPG
    156.1 KB · Views: 45
  • our cat rip.JPG
    194.7 KB · Views: 47
  • our cat 2.JPG
    193.4 KB · Views: 46
  • kereru outdoor table.JPG
    502 KB · Views: 45
  • west coast gannets.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 47
  • tiger.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 43
  • ribbon mirror.JPG
    193.6 KB · Views: 44
  • pukeko.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 42
  • pohutukawa flower-nz xmas tree.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 40
  • peacock closeup.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 38
  • pacific turtle mirror.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 38
  • pacific mirror.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 36
  • nz wood pidgeon- kereru.jpg
    290.4 KB · Views: 39
  • nz kingfisher-kotare.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 39
  • nz gecko.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 40
  • nz coastal scene dining table.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 40
  • kereru sunrise.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 39
  • kereru outdoor table.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 37
  • kereru closeup.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 35
  • july 2005.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 39
  • gannet.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 39
  • funky mirrors 008.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 35
  • funky mirrors 007.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 35
  • full length mirror.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 33
  • front entry.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 36
  • FROGGY FRIENDS.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 48
  • frog plant pot.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 40
  • frangipani flower birdbath.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 36
  • fish mirror.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 36
  • fiery mirror.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 33
  • fantail- piwakawaka.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 31
  • fantail and pohutukawa fireplace.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 31
  • dining table in progress.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 34
  • coffee table top.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 36
  • birdbath.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 31
  • birdbath (2).jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 36
  • apocalyptic red horse.JPG
    181.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 2005.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 36
  • 3 fold.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 30
T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Amazing work Bobby, I love the frogs also. But all really good, thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

C

Colour Republic

The 3 frogs are outstanding! I was really impressed by the painting of the clouds too until it dawned on me they were morrors and you'd taken the pictures outside :eek:pps:

C

Colour Republic

Only just seen your latest G, Gecko's are fast becoming your signiture pieces aren't they, always look great:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

U

user123

Woweeee!!!!! :hurray: Stunning stunning stunning, Bobby!!! And plenty proof that mosaic is limitless, absolutely! I love the Kereru sunrise best, that is really something and to me the most difficult, the funky mirror, inspired. Lovely to see, get back to it an once! :lol: and yes, the bitter sweet moment, I can relate, but also when favourites have to be passed on to their new owner... I am working on such a piece right now, and it's going to be so good... thanks for sharing, Bobby :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to UK Tiling Forum | Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks