Search the forum,

Discuss Two loose tiles - effcient way to fix this in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

O

On one

ok i have stuck it down using the adhesive but im not sure i used enough . Im tempted to get some quotes for removing all the tiles, putting plyboard down and putting the tiles back on. Its a very small bathroom and i dont need new tiles. and i have about 4kg of adhesive now :(
If i am to get quotes then should i say that this is what i want the tiler to do ? id be more impressed by a tiler who would say that plywood needs to be put down above the chipboard first as i would assume they were more knowledgable and experienced
What makes you think you don't need new tiles? you haven't got all of the old tiles up and cleaned off yet.

R

RayL12

Hi all, :)

Still at student stage, myself so, this a searching question.

The tiles are fixed to a chipboard, which, from my roofing days, I noticed had many problems. Sagging was a major one.

Otherwise, given the amount of movement chipboard has both as a whole board or, indeed, in local areas, would you say that the very tight bond of the tiles only increases the problem of lift?

Ray.

T

Time's Ran Out

Ray - best start a new thread!

Op - put a mat over it and don't put it in your documents when you move.

C

cuemanlew

job looks wrong, chipboard is a no no, for a quick fix use a flexible silicone, regrout hope for the best. If other tiles come loose then its a floor up job and hopefully done right next time.

R

RayL12

Ray - best start a new thread!

Sorry for the confusion, John and, the late response.

First, my comment was to answer the problem with chipboard in my experience while a roofer.

The phrase' searching question' was way off mark. What I meant by that is, I'm not a experienced tiler and that, tilers may have a different opinion on chipboard, that, I may learn something regarding tiling and chipboard.

Hope I make myself clearer.

Ray.

Reply to Two loose tiles - effcient way to fix this in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen