Search the forum,

Discuss Trusted Members in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Aston

Hmmm I guess really it should be a forum vote for bonafide tilers....so all those with Arms access really ???

sounds the fairest and the best way to me neale.
i personally would'nt change any other area of the forum, it all works well. dan, neale and the mods do a great job, could'nt fault any thing about the place, its just this one thing that sticks in my mind and i am sure if there was a vote, admin could then decide what to do in order to benefit the whole forum..

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
As a relatively new contributor to the forum I never saw the green room as anything other than an area when the regular contributors can chat in private, I was certainly never offended that I couldn't get access just because I'm an experienced tiler. I'm quite proud that my regular contributions have been recognised because as you are all aware it takes a serious time commitment to regularly contribute on here. It's not a badge recognising your tiling skills, to me it says you are serious about spending time on here helping others. Whether that status is displayed or not wouldn't bother me but as a very recent member to this area and having read through a lot of the old posts in here I do see it as an important area to discuss things that really don't concern people who are on here for DIY advice or who only post every few weeks. Personally I don't think anyone would post any less or more if the area was removed.
Anyway that's just my opinion for what it's worth, whatever is decided for as long as I'm welcome here I'll continue to commit as much time as I can to helping others, cheers!

D

Dougs Third Go

I'd try and look at another view Ed, a newbie comes onto forum to ask a question, if everybody is the same colour tag but with lots of different replies whose advice would the newbie take? Green tag isn't given out lightly and it takes ages of consistently good advice to be considered for it. By and large green tag members will offer the same advice for a given situation, not always granted but most times, and if Joe Public can see that the advice from "trusted advisors" is for the most part consistent then I think he'll be more satisfied with the results he got. just my tuppence worth.

S

Spud

you could keep the trusted advisor status but do away with this closed forum as then you still have the value of a trusted advisors advice and the reward of trusted status with out seperating yourself from the rest of the forum,on issues where admin would like advice or imput away from the forum this could be done by pm or a group conversation rather than having a restricted access forum which could be classed as clicky if you know what I mean

A

Aston

I'd try and look at another view Ed, a newbie comes onto forum to ask a question, if everybody is the same colour tag but with lots of different replies whose advice would the newbie take? Green tag isn't given out lightly and it takes ages of consistently good advice to be considered for it. By and large green tag members will offer the same advice for a given situation, not always granted but most times, and if Joe Public can see that the advice from "trusted advisors" is for the most part consistent then I think he'll be more satisfied with the results he got. just my tuppence worth.

doug and everybody in here
you don't have to convince me...this thread isn't about me or what I want, its about the forum members in general and their perception.

i was only on the other forum for a very short while before asking for my account to be closed but what i did pick up on ,were the amount of comments made about clicks on here etc, and ego's. So, I am a big believer in evolving hence this thread.

if a vote happens and the forum says they like the trusted advisor tag, great!!
if they say they dont like it, then once again, great....the masses matter more than a dozens green tags

either way, we will learn something and that can only be a good thing can't it...

G

Gazzer

Please do keep all the comments coming and even if you have nothing much to say at least let us know you have read it and would vote if it were to come to that. This can only work for all if we have a big majority vote among the TA.

D

DHTiling

How about ditching the Tag but keep the forum for us that get allowed access to this area... or is it just close it all together and keep the Arms.. maybe even do away with all the tags and go back to the original user titles.. like newcomer, then regular up to senior members that comes as standard with Vbulletin.?

Just another thought,but personally i couldn't give 2 fooks.. i post and advise where i see i think i can help and tags don't bother me now.. :)

T

The D

This may be a bit sad but I like the tag and would be sad to see it go. I did not much care for the term elite as there is nothing about me that could be considered as elite. But I was happy to be invited in and it did make me feel like I was excepted warts and all.

D

Dougs Third Go

How about ditching the Tag but keep the forum for us that get allowed access to this area... or is it just close it all together and keep the Arms.. maybe even do away with all the tags and go back to the original user titles.. like newcomer, then regular up to senior members that comes as standard with Vbulletin.?

Just another thought,but personally i couldn't give 2 fooks.. i post and advise where i see i think i can help and tags don't bother me now.. :)
that's what we have on my vizsla forum that i moderate and no problems at all with it tbh:thumbsup:

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I am with Dean on this one, was never keen on the term elite but was chuffed to be invited to the green side. I think it's good members are recognized for their imput/commitment to the forums. As already said if someone has earned the title TA and been voted for by their peers, or admin, it should give other members or guests a sense of getting sound advice they can trust from true pro's and not just any old so called tiler who can google an answer. Imho there needs to be a central core of members who have proved they can walk the walk, not just talk the talk. Just my take on it.:thumbsup:

Reply to Trusted Members in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen