Search the forum,

Discuss Trowels in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

Eddie

when i m on a job, and i leave my trowels unused with adhesive on them they start to rust very quickly,. is this normal?

D

Dave-T

bright ideas, and RST rust quite badly.... stick to the slightly more expensive stainless steel ones. Those of you that went to tile and stone at excel recently will have seen plasplugs new trade grade range, which are stainless steel (wont rust) and have got a lovely handle (doesn't wobble like the old trade grade one). These should be in production anytime now. Will have to give them a real testing before praising them too much, but seeing as theyre going to retail around £7 a trowel, as aposed to rubi and marshaltowns £12 - £20, they look like theyre going to be really good value. I've got the rep coming down to see me in a couple of weeks, so i'll make a post when ive got samples of all the new tools. I've got a good feeling about them though... i think theyre going to bring in a real quality range a lot cheaper than the big boys, and i really hope im proved right.

This will solve your rust problem anyway, without chucking money away on a marshalltown. They should be in retail outlets in the next month or 2.

E

Eddie

my bucket trowel is a silverline or somehing. my wall trowel is a benson, got both from n,e,t,t after my course.

S

Sean Garford

i have the same problem with mine mate, they only rust with bal grip and they are made by tile mate.

E

Eddie

I have been using sontex acrylic adhesive, its the only one i have used with them.

V

Varley

I have Benson trowels and Rubi trowels, never get the problem of rusting though.

E

Eddie

think i'll try another adhesive! see if that helps.
----
thanks for your response guys

Last edited by a moderator:
L

laurami tiling

yes ive got benson 6mm and 10 mm rust like buggery , just keep em dry n clean to help stop it.
but i am moving over to stainless steel, i bought a rubi mosaic one , feels that nice to use i take it to bed with me an use it a marital aid for foreplay:whatchutalkingabout

Reply to Trowels in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
Good Evening, I installed 12x24 wall tile in my shower remodel. I realize now that I should have...
Replies
Views
Manufacturer specified 3mm bed for these large format (2.4x1.2m) tiles, and that's what the...
Replies
Views
I have a laminate flooring that is 12 mm to a down stairs toilet having to put new tiles down...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a very small area (1m.sq) on an exterior doorway entrance wall to tile. I would...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen