Discuss Trim advice for 7mm beveled metro tiles? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

F

Flintstone

I always trim the top as well as the edge and always with a square trim but as the lads have said, it's only a personal choice really. 8mm trim

E

europa

Should the brick-bond pattern be continued into the reveal, or does that not matter if using trims?
And, at the end where you start tiling, do you start with 1/4 3/4 cuts (so that both ends have cuts) and terminate both ends with a vertical trim?

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Aye continue bonding into window reveal, looks bad if you just stack at the reveal.
If the setting out works that way, that would be ideal.

Tony73

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Your tiler should be able to do setting out. I usually mark centre line of the cocker and see what will have on both ends of wall (don't really want small cut). When you tile return wall, on internal corner you want full tile module ( or close). I am sure your tiler will work it out. Good luck!

E

europa

Just thought I'd post a pic of the finished product. I decided to trim the exposed tops too, and I'm actually glad i did. Thanks for the all the help, guys!

20170916_143436.jpg

J

Julian 'Farmer' Bonsall

The tile trim(s) that is on the return of the window - is that a normal way of doing that?

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
8mm trim
Round or square.... Personal decision, but I prefer round.
Internal corners cut as normal, just make sure the brick pattern flows round each wall.
Top of the tiles you can use trim, white biscuit tiles I tend not to but would with brown biscuit..

Now que the 'metros should be mitred brigade to appear'.... :)

Morning Andy :triangularruler:

Reply to Trim advice for 7mm beveled metro tiles? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks