Search the forum,

Discuss Trav on plaster board walls in Bathroom? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

m3fitter

skimmed p/board is only 20kg per sq.metre, unskimmed 32kg, if large format could be 18-20mm trav ! then reboard with aquapanel cement board to take the weight, the floor can be ditra'd if boards are solid and true, or if floorboards are unsound and loose, either screw them securely and glue & screw aquapanel to create a better tiling substrate and create rigidity, or the full monty, remove floorboards and put down 25mm wbp ply, remember to always prime wood with acrylic primer.. ;-) hope it helped !

M

m3fitter

i've used ditra for 8 years now, switching from aquapanel, never had a call back, a failure, no grout ever has cracked on a wooden floor, tiled with thin limestone, travertine, marble... just make sure the existing substrate is secure....and use your judgement... i offer a 5 year guarantee on all my work, and am happy to use uncoupling on wooden substrates, and now on all UFH substrates as per BS !!

Reply to Trav on plaster board walls in Bathroom? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen