Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Transition Point Opinions in the Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.co.uk.

1. Wishiwasatoptiler

Wishiwasatoptiler I'm either plastered or out on the tiles Professional Tiler

Been a while since I've been on but looking at this job and I'm looking for others opinions on how they would manage the transition from wood to concrete. The new ply floor is sound. IMG-20170912-WA0001.jpg IMG-20170912-WA0000.jpg

2. Plan Tec Tiling

Plan Tec Tiling Administrator Staff Member Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

Are they same level? What deflection is there in the floor?

3. Localtiler

Localtiler Professional Tiler Top Contributor

The ply looks a bit all over the place to me. My preference would probably be take up the ply, put down whichever thickness or wedi type board to get the levels near enough, then level it all, uncouple and tile most likely.

4. Wishiwasatoptiler

The concrete is lower than the ply. So it needs to come up a tad. Theres no movement on the ply. Fixed every 300.
    Cheers.

5. Wishiwasatoptiler

Whats your preferred uncoupler local

6. Localtiler

Localtiler Professional Tiler Top Contributor

I would take up the ply anyway. Uncoupler depends on your budget, what are the tiles ?

7. Wishiwasatoptiler

8. Wishiwasatoptiler

That ply is direct on joist not floor boards

9. Chris Gibbs

Chris Gibbs Professional Tiler Top Contributor

10. Bond

Bond Top Contributor

Self levelling compound, to level with
    ply, cover all ,with Hardibacker or similar . Then tile. ( observing manafacturers requirements and good practice.)

11. Wishiwasatoptiler

I thought hardie could only be fixed to timber bond. Your surgesting to plug and screw to concrete on bed of adhesvie covering the joint between the board and concrete with board?

12. Plan Tec Tiling

Plan Tec Tiling Administrator Staff Member Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

Level then decouple

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Bond

Bond Top Contributor

Given the small area concerned l personally would be confident in the way suggested. Others understandably would no doubt say no,no,no, don't do it. Technically lt can be done.