Search the forum,

Discuss Topps Tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

They have been contacting me for a while now to open an account. They tell me I can get discount up to X amount of percent but even with that discount it still worked out more expensive for adhesive than where I use now. When I explain this they wont believe me....I leave them with my parting shot " Its you that is chasing me for my business, not the other way around"

D

DHTiling

Topps tiles... =

Top prices for adhesive

Top prices for tiles

Top advice given to retail

Does that sum them up :lol:

A

Angel da Silva

You dont exactly encourage new tilers to buy from you though , I can get better discounts at a number of companies who are all retailing abut the same price.

I bought my first two jobs worth of tiles and addy from Topps, I asked them to take my cards and dish them out. Next time I went in my cards had disappeared (1 week later) and I have had no calls from them at all.:thumbsdown:.

Unfortunately it's which store you go to. Some guys that work for topps are brilliant and thats what make the traders stay with us. It always annoys me when I hear about how craply some traders have been treated by certain stores. It's much the same with us in store, you learn who you can ask for stock and help with stock, and who you cant. Working with Topps for almost three years now and the amount of times I hear traders moan about customer service makes me wanna bang my head against the wall. :mad2:
I know I go out of my way for traders, at the end of the day they're where our majority footfall comes from and if you treat them well they often come back.
As for the cards, my manager goes through it now and again, those who we haven't seen in a long while he tends to bin the cards and replace them with ones who visit regularly. At the end of the day its all about the business relationship you build with the manager/staff of the store, and if there is no relationship then there is no reason for the cards to be there. It's unfortunate but its business.

As for the prices we do have a price match policy - proof of price given (as long as it's not online only company) we are able to match the price and give an extra 5% off of that, every manager can do this for our traders as long as we follow the policy

Angel x

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Some of the threads in the tiling forum that have had a lot of views are being bumped up into current discussion. Just walk on by if it's not your flavour right now. Perhaps it'll help somebody out one day, and they become members, and then they post a thread, and professional tilers respond, and then you learn something from them...? Maybe?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Some of the threads in the tiling forum that have had a lot of views are being bumped up into current discussion. Just walk on by if it's not your flavour right now. Perhaps it'll help somebody out one day, and they become members, and then they post a thread, and professional tilers respond, and then you learn something from them...? Maybe?

Reply to Topps Tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen