Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Topps Tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

shane176

I had a topps account opened 2 yrs back...got full wack straight away..only opened it as i needed to order a certain product and only topps sold it...i never used them for a while after that till i needed the same product again..discount had been reduced....???..i asked why and was told it works on how often you use your account....so unless YOU work for topps how can you know what each store does,,?????..

I went off what i was given ...so you can't say NO U DON'T unless you know ALL stores do it..:ninja:

okay maybe u did get 50% straight away, but when u register u only get 10-15% then when u purchase more an more the manager has the option to give u full wak discount, u must have got lucky when u opened up your account, i also work at topps the traders that use us frequently we give them below trade, uve just got to sweeten up the manager,:smilewinkgrin:

B

brian c

why dont you want our money in this day and age?seems like that sort of attitude is what drives people away from TOPPS.an unfair system that is deployed by you at your place of work SHANE176.:thumbsdown:

S

shane176

well when u get some traders in not buying our gear and come in from time to time expecting us to give them work, when we havent seen them for weeks we ask em where they get their materials from due to not seeing em and they reply with "some local retailer" of theirs who r cheaper, so y should we throw work their way,
so for the traders who actually buy from us we give them work and help them out with a bit of cheap materials:hurray:

T

tkm18

Never had any problems with Topps, had quite a few TAF's from them and find the Toppsfix addys decent for the price.

M

mags

well when u get some traders in not buying our gear and come in from time to time expecting us to give them work, when we havent seen them for weeks we ask em where they get their materials from due to not seeing em and they reply with "some local retailer" of theirs who r cheaper, so y should we throw work their way,
so for the traders who actually buy from us we give them work and help them out with a bit of cheap materials:hurray:

You dont exactly encourage new tilers to buy from you though , I can get better discounts at a number of companies who are all retailing abut the same price.

I bought my first two jobs worth of tiles and addy from Topps, I asked them to take my cards and dish them out. Next time I went in my cards had disappeared (1 week later) and I have had no calls from them at all.:thumbsdown:.

robbbin

TF
Reaction score
have used them since opened no one can match their prices on mats

REMOVED TRADE PRICES FROM THE PUBLIC VIEWABLE FORUMS

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Seems to be a bit hit and miss with them then. I don't like the TAF idea. Sort of takes away the advantage of having a trade account with them.

D

dagger

i dont use them, cant reccommend them, i think the taf system was brought about because they are slowly going skint and this system can generate a lot of revenue for them..presonally i think they are rubbish.

A

amerville

Regrettably, we spend some £3000 on bathroom and kitchen floor and wall tiles which they were not prepared to deliver so we had to pay extra for a courier and their head office customer service were of no help. When we complained, instead of making amends to show good client focus, the branch they made numerous statements that were of bad faith [not truthful]. In the future, we would go and look elsewhere for tiles and as a last resort, if totally desperate, we'll look at Topps tiles

C

Ceramico tiling

Yep I struggled at first to get an account at Topps tiles. I never used it much as they just have nothing that compels me to use the them. I stopped using them completely the day one of their store managers directed me to B & Q when I asked him for any good diamond blade suppliers in the area.

G

Gazzer

They have been contacting me for a while now to open an account. They tell me I can get discount up to X amount of percent but even with that discount it still worked out more expensive for adhesive than where I use now. When I explain this they wont believe me....I leave them with my parting shot " Its you that is chasing me for my business, not the other way around"

D

DHTiling

Topps tiles... =

Top prices for adhesive

Top prices for tiles

Top advice given to retail

Does that sum them up :lol:

A

Angel da Silva

You dont exactly encourage new tilers to buy from you though , I can get better discounts at a number of companies who are all retailing abut the same price.

I bought my first two jobs worth of tiles and addy from Topps, I asked them to take my cards and dish them out. Next time I went in my cards had disappeared (1 week later) and I have had no calls from them at all.:thumbsdown:.

Unfortunately it's which store you go to. Some guys that work for topps are brilliant and thats what make the traders stay with us. It always annoys me when I hear about how craply some traders have been treated by certain stores. It's much the same with us in store, you learn who you can ask for stock and help with stock, and who you cant. Working with Topps for almost three years now and the amount of times I hear traders moan about customer service makes me wanna bang my head against the wall. :mad2:
I know I go out of my way for traders, at the end of the day they're where our majority footfall comes from and if you treat them well they often come back.
As for the cards, my manager goes through it now and again, those who we haven't seen in a long while he tends to bin the cards and replace them with ones who visit regularly. At the end of the day its all about the business relationship you build with the manager/staff of the store, and if there is no relationship then there is no reason for the cards to be there. It's unfortunate but its business.

As for the prices we do have a price match policy - proof of price given (as long as it's not online only company) we are able to match the price and give an extra 5% off of that, every manager can do this for our traders as long as we follow the policy

Angel x

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Some of the threads in the tiling forum that have had a lot of views are being bumped up into current discussion. Just walk on by if it's not your flavour right now. Perhaps it'll help somebody out one day, and they become members, and then they post a thread, and professional tilers respond, and then you learn something from them...? Maybe?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Some of the threads in the tiling forum that have had a lot of views are being bumped up into current discussion. Just walk on by if it's not your flavour right now. Perhaps it'll help somebody out one day, and they become members, and then they post a thread, and professional tilers respond, and then you learn something from them...? Maybe?

Reply to Topps Tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks