Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Topps Kamber tiles advice pls in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Luggsey

TF
Reaction score
T

Time's Ran Out

Any decent dry scribe cutter should do.
If you do that size area in bays it won’t matter much how good/bad tiles are.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Did a small kitchen floor with these last year and they're not a bad tile.
Topps told customer they are pre sealed but they aren't. They are covered in transport wax that you'll need to strip off before sealing.

Luggsey

TF
Reaction score
John please explain how a bad tile looks OK in bays? Sorry I can't get my head around your answer?

Macten that's not good, I I was also advised they were prepared sealed!
So for that much area would you reseal with a buffing machine before grout?

Cheers both.

Luggsey

TF
Reaction score
It's my DIY new build house, I I'm sparks first then plumber for ufh and heating elsewhere followed by chief tiler!

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Tiling in bays to keep the tiles straight and square....
20170202_102608.jpg
20170202_103112.jpg

F

Flintstone

If they need sealing, probably a roller on a pole and plenty plenty plenty of Lithofin sealer.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Not calling you a liar btw Andy !
When I did them they were so greasy and slippy you could barely walk on them. Once the transport wax was off I had my doubts they were pre sealed - water didn't bead as good as a decent sealed tile, sealed and buffed they came up a treat.

Luggsey

TF
Reaction score
Bays, I understand what you mean now, to avoid drift, yep do that if the area is large enough.

If I need to re seal 150m2 would it not make sense to machine e buff them?

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Sealing is best done with a roller on a pole as already said. Getting all that wax off such a large area is the harder part - a scrubbing machine might be good for that.

B

Blunt Tool

I’ve did 70 square metres of them last year, easy enough cut with Sigma manual and grinder with decent diamond blade on. I gave them 3mm joints and had no problem with size. But as @macten said they are covered in greasy transit wax and need a really good clean. After grouting I sealed them as they did not feel as tho they were presealed. Not a bad tile to work with tho. Only advice I would give is spend your time on the prep for a straight forward install.

Reply to Topps Kamber tiles advice pls in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks