Search the forum,

Discuss to prime or not to prime in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

wobblyheed

Hi all.

Got the Mapei Shower Waterproofing kit. Going to be waterproofing moisture resistant plasterboards around a bath.
The kit says to "prime all porous substrates and gypsum plaster with the enclosed primer"
So I was wondering, do I just need to prime where I've filled and taped the joints in the boards, or should I give the whole surface of the board a coat of primer?
TIA

D

doug boardley

won't do any harm to do the lot, it'll only take minutes:thumbsup: although it will take longer to dry on WRP

W

wobblyheed

Cheers doug. Thought I'd better check. Should I also be priming the MRB's that aren't being tanked? I'm going to be using Mapei P9 adhesive.

G

grumpygrouter

Priming won't hurt and can have advantages...cleaning off of excess adhesive for one!

Reply to to prime or not to prime in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen