Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Tiling Standards - British Standards In Wall And Floor Tiling Bs 5385 For Free in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

Tile Shop

Yep. It is still working.

Because its free and copywrited, you can set up an account with the library, and once they send you a card, you can log in and look at them. However, you cannot download them or copy/paste anything from the viewer. They are set up for viewing purposes only. If you need exerts [for you're own personal use], you could use something like "snipping tool" (included with windows) to grab a mini screenshot and save it as a jpeg for future reference.

T

Tile Shop

Ha Ha

Just tried getting on this morning to look at ISO 10545-12. Seems that Newcastle Library hasn't yet paid their subscription to BSI. Access Denied but hopefully this is only a temporary blip.

Anyway, trying to find out the test method the use for frost resistance. Anyone have any idea? I need to know the number of cycles and the temperature range.

I have read that the tiles are impregnated with water using a vacuum the subjected to 100 cycles from -5 to +5 degrees, but this was not taken direct from the standards and does not seem right me, as realistic temperatures will massively exceed this range.

Thanks in advance.

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Paul

I tried this morning as I got my card through from the Library, where did you get your password and username from, I tried the entering the details off the card and its not logging in!!!!
Cheers

T

Tile Shop

Ok. Go to Home - Newcastle Libraries - https://library.newcastle.gov.uk/web/arena
Top right of the screen:
upload_2017-6-5_13-30-29.png

Pop in your details that the library sent you and log in.

Once in, top of the screen, click on "Information"
upload_2017-6-5_13-32-43.png

Scroll down the next page to British Standards Online, and click on "Access BSI British Standards"
upload_2017-6-5_13-34-38.png

And thats it. Basically what you are doing is looking at the standards using Newcastle Libraries BSI account. You don't need to enter any more usernames or passwords.

If you are already doing the above, then they have messed up your account somehow and it needs fixing, so you'll have to give them a call to sort it out.

However in doing this, still can't access the standards at the moment until they sort the subscription out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Tiling Standards - British Standards In Wall And Floor Tiling Bs 5385 For Free in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks