Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling over glue on concrete floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

MRM Tiling

Hi,

Im going to pull up a lino floor on a bungalow concrete floor, its one of those gritty council wet room ones. its going to leave a glue residue on there, is there anything i can do to either remove this or something i can coat it with to make it ok to tile? havnt took it up yet tho, it was suggested i tile right over the lino but thats not happening.

Cheers

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Heat gun to warm it, scrape up as much as you can, then SBR cement slurry as bonding coat then tile....

C

celt

If there wasnt to much on it, i couldnt see it being a problem tiling over it. Yes you could heat it and scrape off but then again, it might be just as good to tile over it. all depends on how bad much of it there is thou

M

MTiler

Best to get rid of it, you can use something like an Erbauer Double Grinding cup
Erbauer Double Grinding Cup 105 x 22.23mm | NoLinksToThis

I like to sleep at night.

C

celt

Best to get rid of it, you can use something like an Erbauer Double Grinding cup
Erbauer Double Grinding Cup 105 x 22.23mm | NoLinksToThis

I like to sleep at night.

Would this be used for removing high screed instead of getting a jack hammer out.

M

MRM Tiling

thanks for advice, bought a heat gun and floor scraper, bit of hard work wont hurt!

M

Mr Tiler

ive never done it though so my opinion on the matter does not count lol... but surely it will soften the glue enough to just come rite up.

Reply to Tiling over glue on concrete floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen