Search the forum,

Discuss tiling onto fiberglas balcony in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tilerjason

hi guy s & gals, need some advice about tiling onto a fiberglas balcony, 7 m2, , the balcony is only 2 weeks old
and has a few bumps on from where the builders havent flattened it properly the fiberglas is sitting on plyboard.
Am i right thinking

1, 2 part flexi strieght onto the fiberglas

or

2, re plyboard on top of the fiberglas, then 2 part flexi

:smilewinkgrin:

R

Rich

Wouldn't like to use ply, Im sure there are much better things on the market. I would get in touch with Schluter, they will sort you out.

M

macken

hi jason,
dont tile on the fiberglass without speaking to the guy that put on the fiberglass.
some of them finish the fiberglass with a coating that no adhesive will stick to.

M

MTiler

Hi Check out this product from PCI, it can be used on GRP. They may be able to help you with your query, theyre very helpful. Ive used it a couple of times, and working with it at the mo on a spa bath.

PCI Collastic®

cheers
missyT

Reply to tiling onto fiberglas balcony in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen