Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling Onto Concrete. Should I use uncoupling mat. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Colo

TF
Reaction score
Hello,
I have a small kitchen to tile in porcelain onto a concrete floor and would be grateful for your views on using a decouple membrane.

I have lifted the old tiles and cleaned up the substrate which is in good condition. There is a small hair line crack which has been covered with self levelling compound when the floor was previously tiled and the crack had not come through the SLC so I asume the flooer is stable. The tiles I lifted were in good condition. (apart from being put down using dot and dab.) In the past have always tiled straight onto the concrete using flexible cement, but I now see that there is a system that decouples the tiles. Is it worth using on a small kitchen.

Thanks for any advice.

20200226_082958[1].jpg

Reaction score
I take it you're not responsible for the previous dot 'n dab bodge job ?

Reply to Tiling Onto Concrete. Should I use uncoupling mat. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen