Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling onto angled part where wall meets ceiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

Little5

Hi

Im doing a job with 60x30 tiles and as the ceiling slopes at a part i will need to tile up to the flat ceiling.

I normally use Mapei addy, which should hold:oops: but is there any advice anyone wants to offer on how to do it.
Also as it will meet the ceiling not at normal 90 degrees, is there any advice on how to edge it, would trim look ok???

B

brian c

reverse the tile and put your wet cutter on the 45 degree and take the back off the tile.I would use a rapid set adhesive such as mapei kerraquick as you havent said if the tiles are porcelain or not and you havent told us the substrate which needs to be considered for weight issues also i would use a powdered adhesive for tiles that size anyway...dont use tubbed gear as it will take ages to dry if at all.

S

Sean fsy

not a very good pic but same kind of problem, having to mitre the back of tile:

also these days the tiles are to thick to sit on a shower tray (with the rear lip)and they stick over the edge so you have to mitre the back away also to let the tile sit back so it does not protrude over the edge.

DSCN8849.jpg

DSCN8469.jpg

DSCN8476.jpg

J

Jelthetiler

I don't use anything else but kerraflex nowadays (as has been already said a few posts up). Anyhow, my tip for angled wall/ceiling to flat ceiling is to PVA said angled area, then apply the thinnest coat of adhesive. When dry this will give immense grip when tiling, as no-one wants a 60x30 landing on their toes!

Taking the back edge off the tile is also the proper way but for safety's sake only use a machine with capabilities for cutting angles. I recently got to finish a job after the original tiler tried to cut angles moving the tile and not the machine. It got caught in the blade and chucked the tile up under his chin!

Jel

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Spud

not a very good pic but same kind of problem, having to mitre the back of tile:

also these days the tiles are to thick to sit on a shower tray (with the rear lip)and they stick over the edge so you have to mitre the back away also to let the tile sit back so it does not protrude over the edge.

DSCN8849.jpg

DSCN8469.jpg

DSCN8476.jpg
nice work sean :thumbsup:

Reply to Tiling onto angled part where wall meets ceiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen