Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling onto a polystyrene bath panel!? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

Onlinetiler

My client has a V&B bath (plastic) which doesn't have legs, it just sits into what is effectively a polystyrene box. The polystyrene panels are approx 50mm thick, and needless to say there's a fair amount of flex in the long side panel.

I thought it may have been some kind of packaging but have looked thru the V&B instructions and sure enough they recommend tiling straight onto the polystyrene.

I've never come across one of these before and wondered whether anyone else had experience here. Any thoughts on products, techniques etc would be gratefully appreciated.

D

david campbell

not something i would try!
why not contact them and ask what they use/recommend to adhere the tiles with

O

ozboz

Hiya, I have tiled floors to this sort of stuff, we just used an Ardit product, something like S60 as I remember, I always thought that a two part would have been better, ring Mapei tech, they are clued up on most things, Ok mate

C

Colour Republic

I know you can tile directly onto some of the polystyrene building block systems (but always thought that seemed a bit stupid as coming to remove them would destroy the wall!) So can't see why you couldn't tile on to this stuff if it's the same grade poly as that. But in all honesty if there is flex in it, doesn't sound that great to me! is there any room to dot and dab plasterboard to it? or is there just enough room to tile?

P

peckers

Ive had this with there trays, and phoned there tecy departmment and they said its fine i used a single part flex addy but it is only a small area and it was solid.

S

Spud

very popular in Germany polystyrene bath panels, spf adhesive works fine lleave the joint around one tile ungrouted and silicone it, this acts as the access panel if its ever needed

Reply to Tiling onto a polystyrene bath panel!? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen