Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling on OSB 3 Board in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

K

keith1960

Hello ,
Ive got to tile a wall hung wc box covered in OSB3, any advice for preparing board before tiling, ie primer. Im concerned that the tiles wont stick to the wax like board, or should I clad it in tiling board and screw the backer board to the OSB, my problem with that is the connections into the wc may now be too short to connect properly, as the ceramic tiles are 8/9 mm thick, and I have allowed 12mm for the tiles and the wc washer.
Any advice please.

K

keith1960

I used the OSb as also on the wall is a wall hung vanity unit and wanted the strength of the osb to support the weight of the unit and basin

D

Dumbo

Normally you wouldn't cut the waste pipe or the flush pipe until you have finished tiling . Have you cut them already or are you just concerned because if you haven't cut them you should be fine .

K

keith1960

hi, ive already cut the waste pipe as its the only toilet in the house, ive used a piece of 12 mm tbb as a spacer temporary until i tile it, the tile is 8mm thick, so I only have 4mm without possibly having issues with the waste pipes, im thinking it would be best to screw 4mm tbb to the osb.

Reply to Tiling on OSB 3 Board in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen