Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling for shower around bath with currently has 5 rows of tiles in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi all

I am just about to install a shower but need to extend the current tiles to the ceiling (currently has 4 rows) around two end walls and the bath.

I am concerned if I remove the current tiles I will damage the plaster board walls. So my 'plan' is the tile over the existing tiles. The obviously issue is they will double up the first 5 rows and will then step down to a single tile to the ceiling. So I tjought I could 'fill' this area with something such as thin wood 4mm and then tile over this !

My question is please ... is this the right way to go and if some what would be a suitable wood and does it need to be treated with something is if so what ?

I have never tiled such as area.

Would appreciate any advice or comments please

Thank you for your time

Regards

Tiggy

Attachments

• BR1.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 26
  • RB2.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 20210920_064747.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 26

Trigger

Arms
Reaction score
Hi Tiggy

My advise would be to do it properly which is to remove the tiles and replace the plasterboard with a tiling board. If you intend do go with your suggestion don't use wood, use a 4 or 6mm tiling board and glue and mechanically fix to the studs.

Kevbos

Arms
Reaction score
Hi all

I am just about to install a shower but need to extend the current tiles to the ceiling (currently has 4 rows) around two end walls and the bath.

I am concerned if I remove the current tiles I will damage the plaster board walls. So my 'plan' is the tile over the existing tiles. The obviously issue is they will double up the first 5 rows and will then step down to a single tile to the ceiling. So I tjought I could 'fill' this area with something such as thin wood 4mm and then tile over this !

My question is please ... is this the right way to go and if some what would be a suitable wood and does it need to be treated with something is if so what ?

I have never tiled such as area.

Would appreciate any advice or comments please

Thank you for your time

Regards

Tiggy
No it's very wrong !! Sometimes you have to spend a little more ! How about just tiling top half in a feature tile or contrasting colour ! So it looks like it was meant ??

Reply to Tiling for shower around bath with currently has 5 rows of tiles in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen