Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling concrete floors new build house (Bison Beam) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

fireflier

I have been asked to tile floors for someone, however this will be the first time I have tiled on a new concrete floor (Bison beam).

The floor has been constructed using bison beams. I have a feeling that as it is a new floor there could be a risk of shrinkage. If this is the case I presume it would not be a good idea to tile straight onto the concrete am I correct in assuming this? Should i use some form of matting below.

The floors have been down for about a month now so maybe im worring about nothing.

Would much appreciate any thoughts you guys might have regarding this

B

brian c

first of all welcome to the forum fireflier,might be a good idea to introduce yourself to the forum via the new members link.

Bison Beam products are made from concrete but i would check the spec on it before buying any products.

What tiles are you using?

Here is the Technical helpline for Bison...give them a call.....01283 495334

Last edited by a moderator:
F

fireflier

not sure yet think it is ceramic floor tiles.
Im doing the job for one of my work colleagues. He is building a new house at the moment and asked if i would do the tiling for him.
He is also wanting to do a wetroom, however im not keen on doing this as I have never done one before I wouldnt know where to start. Im just parinoid that if i dont do it correct water could go everywhere.

B

brian c

Prime the floor first before tiling and if unsure or concerned about any movement ,then i would use a flexi adhesive and grout..rather than run the risk.Check with the tech number i gave you but as dave says it looks like you should be ok as its concrete.

F

fireflier

Thanks for your help Brian much appreciated, I will give them a phone just to be on the safe side. What primer would you recommend then?

Reply to Tiling concrete floors new build house (Bison Beam) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen