Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling bathroom full tile around bath in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

marksim

Hey I have a bathroom to tile, I am going to set the tiles out so I tile full tile around the baht as the cuts work out well to the ceiling and floor. I want to ask when I get to the end of the bath is it a case of entending a level line from the bottom of the last tile. Extend this line all the way around the room and but tiling battens around. I am going to tile from the centre of each wall out to get equal cuts either side. Thanks for any advice.

M

marksim

Also the tiles are 400mm by 250mm are these best tiled verticaly with them having a heigt of 400m of horizontal with a height of 250mm. Thanks for any advice

M

Mike

i never start with a full tile on the bath as they're rarely dead level and are often 'bowed' slightly but if you do manage to tile it like that i would drop down another tile before affixing battens to the wall so as less working 'downwards'

C

craigdon

Which ever way you lay them, horizontally or vertically, is nothing but personal choice. I also never tile off the bath because they are very rarely level, straight and could leave you with some large gaps.

M

marksim

i never start with a full tile on the bath as they're rarely dead level and are often 'bowed' slightly but if you do manage to tile it like that i would drop down another tile before affixing battens to the wall so as less working 'downwards'

Thanks so if I do as you say then do a level line all the way around the room and attach battens it should all marry up as the joints meet at the corners?

M

Mike

I only 'batten' one wall at a time, one end of the batten will be tight up underneath the tile on the previous wall. for the 4th wall the batten or line will go from under the tiles on the first and 3rd wall. i hope you understand what i mean

C

craigdon

It should, but do keep a check of the level as you tile and make any adjustments to keep it level as you go.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

A datum line is a must imo, if you do a forum search you may find some good advice re. setting out using a staff, gauge stick or the like, using this method you can plan where your cuts will fall. Good luck:thumbsup:

M

marksim

ok thank you is tiling with a full tile around the bath a realy bad idea then ? Even if the baths level and I get that row on level?

Reply to Tiling bathroom full tile around bath in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen