Search the forum,

Discuss tiling bathroom ceiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Alan7172

hi i have tiled half of the bathroom ceiling looks good just wondered why its a no no to everyone been in numerous tiling shops one guy laughed at me others say they have never heard of anyone doing this, i havnt done a lot of tiling in the past diy on two kitchens. im sure i will get some funny comments if anyone replies,
i am open minded so bring it on, do you think it is this claim and H&S culture we have inherited from the states if it is it has certainly worked on the rest of uk. well apart from me. Furthermore do you think the non use of step ladders is the same claim culture gone mad, the jobs take 4 times longer especially when you have mixed trades working in same location. The economy would surely improve should they be eased, have you been on a site where the job has run over you then see the steps allowed to come out its all about money not the individual, anyway researched tiling ceilings osome other countries do it they musnt have as many lawyers as us and the yanks. comments please

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
prepped correctly with correct materials i have done it in the past,hanging travertine on a lathe ceiling with green star might pose a risk ;)

T

Time's Ran Out

:welcome: Alan and an interesting question for the UFH section!

Not a lot to discuss about in this topic really as the weight issue with substrates preparation would determine the suitability of any tiling installation, but I personally would not consider the subject for anything larger than a small mosaic and only if I'd previously prepared the background.

P

Perry

Yes have done it quite a few times as the guys have said prep it right no problem but anything you stick to like plaster paint it's only as strong as the bond between the plaster paint so I wouldn't stick it to either weight is also a big issue so substrate needs to be well fixed

Reply to tiling bathroom ceiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen