Discuss tiling around window in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

tegs

TF
Reaction score
Hi All,
I am not a pro tiler but have always wondered about the correct way to tile around a window. So far I have managed to do this without making a mess of how the window looks so I guess I should continue but I would like to know how the professionals would tackle it.
Any advise would be stored in the memory bank for the future.
Thanks in advance.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
You would normally consider the window a feature of the wall so for setting out you would centre the window - whether that is centre of tile at mid point or grout joint - whatever gives best cuts either side of window and ends of walls. If centre doesn't quite work then move it slightly off centre till it does or consider changing spacer size.
Also remember to square off the window with your tiles rather than follow the reveals as they are likely to be out. Tile reveals after you've tiled the face of the window wall.
If there's plenty of window frame to play with then happy days - can help with setting out and plaster board or backer board can be used to pack out reveals prior to fitting trim and tiling reveals.

Reply to tiling around window in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks