Currently reading:
tiling advice needed

Discuss tiling advice needed in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hi folks, im a bricklayer/plasterer trade and doing a job for a relative. its these tiles

they are going on a chimney breast. Its a block background thats been painted more than once, weve scrapped off the first coat and theres still more behind it, whats the solution? can i tile straight onto it? do i need to prime it?

thanks for any help

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Subscribed
Co.Durham
Hi folks, im a bricklayer/plasterer trade and doing a job for a relative. its these tiles

they are going on a chimney breast. Its a block background thats been painted more than once, weve scrapped off the first coat and theres still more behind it, whats the solution? can i tile straight onto it? do i need to prime it?

thanks for any help
Have you room to dryline it. ?

Is it a working fire?

It’s an active multi fuel burner this is the wall. Can see the flue at the bottom

Attachments

• 747F7478-9461-491C-A119-BD9C65E9730F.png
    840.3 KB · Views: 34

Reply to tiling advice needed in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm planning to tile my kitchen floor with 8mm porcelain floor tiles (660x440mm). My kitchen floor is...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement