Search the forum,

Discuss tiling advice needed in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

nb28

-
Reaction score
Hi folks, im a bricklayer/plasterer trade and doing a job for a relative. its these tiles

they are going on a chimney breast. Its a block background thats been painted more than once, weve scrapped off the first coat and theres still more behind it, whats the solution? can i tile straight onto it? do i need to prime it?

thanks for any help

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Hi folks, im a bricklayer/plasterer trade and doing a job for a relative. its these tiles

they are going on a chimney breast. Its a block background thats been painted more than once, weve scrapped off the first coat and theres still more behind it, whats the solution? can i tile straight onto it? do i need to prime it?

thanks for any help
Have you room to dryline it. ?

nb28

-
Reaction score
Is it a working fire?

It’s an active multi fuel burner this is the wall. Can see the flue at the bottom

Attachments

• 747F7478-9461-491C-A119-BD9C65E9730F.png
    840.3 KB · Views: 32

Reply to tiling advice needed in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen