Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling above a bathtub in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

limey22

Hi all,

I'm just about to embark on my first tiling project and am wondering what the best approach is for tiling above a bathtub.

Should I tile first before installing the bathtub? If it do this way though, I think I'll need to cut tiles to size to fit onto the edge of the bathtub, which may not be as nice as whole tiles sitting on the edge?

If install the bathtub first though, I'm concerned that there's a risk that tiles may fall into the bathtub and damage it. The walls above the bathtub are about 2 metres high ...

cheers,
L

B

brinkley

bath goes in first as long as you use the right adhesive and right depth screed on the wall they shouldnt fall off work them in well if they are big tiles and put lots of dustsheets in and over the bath i would use a single part flexible adhesive good luck

T

TheWrightTiler

bath goes in first as long as you use the right adhesive and right depth screed on the wall they shouldnt fall off work them in well if they are big tiles and put lots of dustsheets in and over the bath i would use a single part flexible adhesive good luck

totally agree there mate use plenty of sheets and a bath board

ive a piece of 25mm ply 3.5 feet long and 2.5 feet wide i place on the bath edges to place addy etc on and if anything does fall then it hits this rather than the bath

andy

F

faithhealer

I only start with a full tile if the tile has a bevelled edge (which wouldn't look right if you cut it) Always cut to the bath because these acrylic baths are never flat anyway and you can use the cut to fit your other setting out.

S

Scott

Funny how we all do things differently, i always start with a full tile off the bath unless it doesnt work to the ceiling or window cuts. All the baths i fit dip int he centre of the bath and i just space them off the deck accordingly, never more than 2 mill out so does show when its all done.

Reply to Tiling above a bathtub in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, new to forum and first post, after some advice. Recently had the chamber of my fireplace...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
We recently finished a bathroom renovation where the two builders who did the bathroom also did...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen