Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling a floor with a border and diamond in-set pattern. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

Basic guide to setting out and tiling a floor in a diamond set pattern with border.......

[yt]CF88vg7Mjz4&NR=1[/yt]

T

tiler burden

dave

when you floor tile should you always use the flat side of the trowel to spread the addy evenly into the floor then plough?

reason i ask i, i have seen some tilers just spread the addy with the serated edge. the michael byrne dvds use the flat side also..or is it one of those experience/practice things where you use the serated edge only when your good?

cheers
ed

D

DHTiling

Thats why i said it is a basic guide ed......i just use the toothed end of the trowel...its just as long as you get good contact with the substrate..........

G

grumpygrouter

Nice instructions. Why did he need to continue to make chalk lines? If the first row was correct he could work straight from that and just use the straight edge to check.

Grumpy

Thanks Dave - Do any of you guys use those monster straight edges they look great but do they seperate for transportation?

AK

G

Gazzer

I just about get my straight edge in my Zafira. the front is on the top of the dash and the rear is a few inches from the back window.

Reply to Tiling a floor with a border and diamond in-set pattern. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen