Discuss Tiles to ceiling pool in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

chas

TF
Reaction score
Hi all caught in a bit of a sticky situation.
Tiling a hotel at the minute and have been asked to tile a ceiling over a pool in zellige tiles. Ceiling at present is precast slab. I know most will say dont do it etc but that is not an option. Looking for advice as to other peoples idea of how to successfully complete this job.

D

Dumbo

I know next to nothing about this but I think someone who may answer will need more information . Firstly tile type and size , height of ceiling above ground and any other relevant info you can think of .

chas

TF
Reaction score
I know next to nothing about this but I think someone who may answer will need more information . Firstly tile type and size , height of ceiling above ground and any other relevant info you can think of .
Tiles to ceiling are a 50*50 zellige hand made tile. Height from pool deck to ceiling is approximately 2.5m.
At present ceiling is the underside of a concrete slab. 2 options either prime it or apply cement board or similar.

O

Old Mod

In the first instance I would go direct to my chosen adhesive company and get their rep to visit site and spec the job, then reassess it.
And I’d probably approach another adhesive company too, just to compare notes, and take it from there.
ultimately it’s their products you’re going to have to rely on.
Also maybe approach someone like wedi, and see if they have a solution.
it’s not the kind of work I’d be prepared to do without support from manufacturers.

chas

TF
Reaction score
In the first instance I would go direct to my chosen adhesive company and get their rep to visit site and spec the job, then reassess it.
And I’d probably approach another adhesive company too, just to compare notes, and take it from there.
ultimately it’s their products you’re going to have to rely on.
Also maybe approach someone like wedi, and see if they have a solution.
it’s not the kind of work I’d be prepared to do without support from manufacturers.
I had arex out to site but they maintain that because we are fixing to a ceiling it goes against building regs . Even though the adhesive should be ok they will not stand over fixing to a ceiling.

I

Italy

the prefabricated slab is quite dangerous
to be covered, but a solution certainly exists

O

Old Mod

I've never used this but wouldn't raifix be a solution for this .
Mechanical fixing is an option, we do it in steam rooms, but 50 x 50’s 😳 sod that! 🙈
[automerge]1572287731[/automerge]
I’d speak with Kerakoll, maybe Bio Gel Extreme is an option?

Reply to Tiles to ceiling pool in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks