Search the forum,

Discuss Tiles sound hollow and are coming loose in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Thanks again for your feedback.

It was spring, so not particularly warm, but agree the mix could have been too dry.

I got several quotes, his was in the middle, but generally seemed like a trustworthy guy. He is a professional tiler, with a registered tiling company, who I found on Checkatrade - all good reviews, and I cant really fault his setting out, tidiness etc., just the bloody tiles coming loose!!

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I could understand this if the tiles were failing across the joint, however they are failing mostly in the walkways where there is foot traffic, and this is a combination of the old concrete slab and new sand and cement screed floor.

Where the two floors join a levelling screed was applied - though they have failed across this area too.

Will try and upload some photos shortly.
Its still a big floor with no expansion joint. Tenting can happen over a big floor area. I agree though it could also purely be a bad install.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Such a shame really. If you can get the adhesive company out they may be able to test the mix and things like that but it sounds like you've either got to keep sticking them down until they're all redone over time or just redo it if they are coming up clean.

Not sure.

Reply to Tiles sound hollow and are coming loose in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen