Search the forum,

Discuss Tiles loose in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Tip Top Tiling

I Have tiled several bathroom floors in the same house as well as their kitchen. They have had powerflow screed with underfloor heating. 4 months after tiling they have only just turned the underfloor heating on and the floors are loose. We spoke to the people who layed the screed they also said that the screed would leave a waxy layer on top and should be scrabbled off before tiling. The customer has only found this out now and they said it didn't have long enough drying time as they asked me to tile it 40 days after it was layed rather than 60. Now the customer is blaming me for not testing the floor or having a moisture testing kit. He is now demanding I go back and fix all the tiles. Please give me advice.

Thanks

J

Just Rizzle

power flow is anhydrite. the client is right. think you have made a few mistakes im sorry to say. how long have u been tiling

T

Tip Top Tiling

Surely this is the customers fault for trying to build his own house and not finding out the correct information ie the heating should have been turned on before and the drying time on the screed?

T

Tip Top Tiling

There are a few things wrong but before stating them all , who is the screed supplier .? , not heard of powerflow ?

It is a type of screed that leaves laitence on the surface even when primed twice with neat primer. It is like I very fine layer which sits on top of the screed. This is why the tiles have not stuck to and is another reason for them becoming loose.

T

Tip Top Tiling

Just to confirm I didn't know when the screed was layed the customer told me it was ready to tile. We only found out that it didn't have long enough drying time when the screed people told us 1mm a day to dry after they became loose.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Tip top, it's not the customers fault , the customer is not the tradesman, it's the tradesman to know his job mate, surely he has to trust his tradesmen to know his job that's why we are time served to know the ins and outs, we shouldn't go in blind.
But he could of turned the heating on full blast straight away instead of from low to high, so there's a slim chance it's not your fault, but it does sound like it's your fault, not knowing the right prep.
[emoji41]

Reply to Tiles loose in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen