Search the forum,

Discuss Tilers Forums baby thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

Good grief. I suppose the hospital bag is really really packed now... I can feel contractions just thinking about it!

D

Deleted member 9966

I think she's back at home again, contractions have stopped so they're getting more kip.

we didn't even get as far as the hospital today. rang the maternity unit at 6am after contractions were about 7 minutes apart, and the midwives said to wait until they were 4-5 minutes apart. so after 2 long walks this morning, by about 11am I was at 5 minutes with really strong contractions. we walked home and I sat down to take my blood pressure and guess what? no contraction for 10 minutes! so I thought ok, I'll walk around for a bit, and no, no further contraction for about 15 minutes! sods law. so we went back to bed. I was out like a light for nearly 2 hours. apparently I was having contractions whilst asleep as hubby was watching me for a bit, but still not back down at the 5 minute intervals we needed. so it's all stopped again.

they seem to slow down when I sit down, lie down, have a bath, sit on my pilates ball etc and get up to a horrible strength when I'm walking around. but I can't stay walking until this baby comes out. I'm truly shattered at the moment. My legs are so sore. I thought I had the stamina and strength for this :cry2:

I guess this is going to be a very long proces :(

I

Ian

Stick with it Liz, all this will be forgotten when you get to meet the little one for the first time.

D

Deleted member 9966

Stick with it Liz, all this will be forgotten when you get to meet the little one for the first time.

I know Bri.

what I have noticed is that very few women actually admit that they've spent days in labour before the final push. most just gloss over that fact and don't even mention how hard it was to get to the end. all blinded by the miracle of the baby actually being there I guess.

I need strong contractions at 5 minute intervals and then I can go to hospital. But I don't think my body is ready for that just yet. Fingers crossed it gets its act together soon so I can get to the final push.

U

user123

Oh, goodness, Liz, I saw your green light on... there are so many variations until baby shows itself, not really under our control, is it? I think a lot of women, me included don't tell details of how it was for them because other women may have it easier or harder and nobody wants to bring forth their own story, as this is your and your baby's story! Just do what you feel is right to do, it is all about you now. A girly hug from me :)

I

Ian

I know Bri.

what I have noticed is that very few women actually admit that they've spent days in labour before the final push. most just gloss over that fact and don't even mention how hard it was to get to the end. all blinded by the miracle of the baby actually being there I guess.

I need strong contractions at 5 minute intervals and then I can go to hospital. But I don't think my body is ready for that just yet. Fingers crossed it gets its act together soon so I can get to the final push.

36 hours for us (well not me!) from waters going to birth, contractions at 2 mins to give us hope then they went again, went on like this for hours, dragged the little so and so out in the end!

D

doug boardley

283252_2052929435929_1025320376_32283928_7253415_n.jpg

they look cute when they're young, it was about a year after this that Gabriel started sprouting horns:lol::devil:

Reply to Tilers Forums baby thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen