Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Tilers Forums baby thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Spud

Heart felt best wishes Liz ,you and your hubby will make fantastic parents and baby Jacob looks adorable:hurray:

H

hillhead

Me too Liz, really well done to you's.
My baby starts secondary school next month :yikes:

D

DHTiling

well I'm back! :lol: but not for long. I'm not so shattered now. Starting to get into a routine, feeding, sleeping, lots of poo'ey nappies... things didn't go to plan in the delivery suite and i was about 2 minutes away from an emergency c-section, but thankfully I had the urge to push. things haven't gone to plan on the feeding front either. but we're getting there.

Mr GRR is over the moon. we're still amazed we managed to create a new little human being.
284203_10150268852092438_550487437_7506651_7331573_n.jpg

I go away and a new life begins.. Congrats from All at this end.. A little buet..:)

D

Deleted member 9966

oh god, time is flying by and my son is getting bigger and heavier. he's 8lb 11oz now, lil tubby. he's starting to sleep for 6 hours overnight but that means he's started sleeping less in the day! :thumbsdown: this parenting lark is very tiring but it sure beats working :smilewinkgrin: :lol:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Picked up our car seat today. Had to not go for the iCandy special edition peach as they're still not in the country yet. So we've gone for a bugaboo instead with a couple of different extra colour options (Mrs had pink I've had navy blue and black lol).

Apparently the estimate of baby's weight now is 7lb 1oz so I hope to god she comes sometime soonish for Laura's sake.

6 Hours aint bad though. Got a mate with a baby 3 weeks old and she's sleeping from 12 midnight to about 6am but they give her extra feed before bedtime to make sure she lasts and then 5oz instead of 4oz when she wakes too. Not sure if you're meant to do that or what but she seems very healthy and happy. :lol:

Another mate his son is sleeping well now. About 4 months old and a right little smiler.

D

Deleted member 9966

I'm just started to become a dab-hand at fitting the car seat in the car :lol: but I am seriously considering purchasing a car seat that never gets taken out of the car. oh and it takes ages to pack everything you need just to make one trip out :yikes:

not much longer now Dan. she'll be here before you know it. if you need anything, just shout. and if your parents offer extra pairs of hands for anything like doing the washing up, tidying/hoovering, cooking, take them up on it. the first 2 weeks after Jacob arrived was manageable for me and Mr GRR cos we were always together. but when Mr GRR had to go back to work, I cracked after the first day alone, and called my Mum for back up. she came round every day for nearly 2 weeks :) it's all about the support.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Had some offers for help but I don't want loads of people round the house always cleaning up and whatnot while I'm trying to work so we'll wing it between us, or try.

D

Deleted member 9966

I was concerned we would get inundated with people wanting to see Jacob but we found that despite many people saying they were going to come and visit, the majority didn't even bother. even my best friend hasn't been round yet. she even said she would come and see me before I gave birth but kept cancelling the arrangements we made :thumbsdown:

just let one grandparent in each day :grin: my Dad just came to drop my Mum off every day, have a quick cuddle with Jacob and then bog off after 5 minutes. he doesn't do babies or children very well.... I often wonder why he stuck at being a teacher for 35 years :lol:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I couldn't have somebody round every day. Ooohhh no sod that.

My mate's lady said she stayed in hospital as long as she could this time as last time she was inundated with visitors and she just wanted her and the baby to rest.

I've already told everybody they've got to let us know a week in advance before coming and I'll get everybody round on one day per week and that's it :lol: - Don't know if it'll work quite like that but they all know me well enough to not just turn up. They'll get told to go away and come back again when they've arranged it.

I can't have loads of heads wondering around while I'm trying to work. The baby will distract me enough I'm sure.

Sister-in-law seems to think she's borrowing the baby as and when she likes to show her off. I upset her the other day by saying until she's 5 she's not sleeping there, and unless we're with her we'll not be leaving her anywhere. I don't think I'd even want her babysitting to be honest. Let the grandparents do that.

.... all that is the plan anyway - whether we stick to it is another thing. Might end up giving the baby away after a couple of weeks lol

M

Mike

bet it's one of your menagerie :smilewinkgrin: how was the camping in my neck of the woods? :hurray:

M

Mike

i stayed near caernarfon in my caravan last 2 nights, first trip with it. all well with it. a lot easier than with the tent :thumbsup:

Reply to Tilers Forums baby thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks