Search the forum,

Discuss tilers forum or public forum in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

howard

this a great forum for tilers so why when a member of the public asks for help why do we help them they will try to tile for themselves if they cant tile they should get a tiler in that means more work for us & a nice bathroom for them we are cutting our own throats telling them the answer surely

G

graham31

Howard weather the very knowledgeable tilers on here give the public/diyers help or not their still gony attempt to do the tiling themselves.So the works not gony come our way anyway,so it's nice to be nice and give a little advice.

Without the public their wouldn't be a forum

H

howard

Howard weather the very knowledgeable tilers on here give the public/diyers help or not their still gony attempt to do the tiling themselves.So the works not gony come our way anyway,so it's nice to be nice and give a little advice.

Without the public their wouldn't be a forum

no sorry mate when they make a mess of there tiling they will or next time get a good tiler in

Without the tilers their wouldn't be a forum (shakespeare) lol

D

doug boardley

would you deny somebody a nice bathroom just because maybe they can't afford to get a tiler in? If public want to have a go themselves, wether forum's here or not they'll have a bash, hopefully they'll discover forum first and be better informed as to what is involved.I'll bet some public members have been on here looking for advice and then thought "whoa, I think I'd better get a pro in after all!"

O

oldgit

would you deny somebody a nice bathroom just because maybe they can't afford to get a tiler in? If public want to have a go themselves, wether forum's here or not they'll have a bash, hopefully they'll discover forum first and be better informed as to what is involved.I'll bet some public members have been on here looking for advice and then thought "whoa, I think I'd better get a pro in after all!"
i even get cheeky gits phoning for advice,do i tell them to bugger off,no i help them as much as i can,ok maybe i go overboard on the method and preperation,but i find i finish up getting to do at least half the jobs as they become confused and even scared of doing the job themselves,and those that do it themselves finish up ringing back next time they do a tiling job because the job they did themselves looks crap.
people ring and ask if i can cut them some tiles because they cant cut them properly,i also do this for them often for next to nothing,its just another form of advertising,and that customer trusts you more than any other as you have helped them out with no apparent advantage to me.

F

Fekin

This forums here to help, be it other tilers needing some tips, or total novice DIY'ers that need step by step instructions.
Now, wether they still end up making a right hash or not... well that's what happens, but at least we have been here to help as much as one can from an online forum.

and not forgetting the fact that many tilers on here have actually gained work through this forum, so it works both ways :sifone:

D

DHTiling

I would rather a member of the public got the right advice than go to a diy forum and get told to use pva or dispersion adhesive on large format, thus risking injury to their kids etc if they fall back off.
Diy'ers have always been about and always will be.

But to wish for someone NOT to do it right or to say let's NOT give them advice is ridiclous...IMO..

M

medlar

well i for 1 certainly dont mind giving advice to anyone,and thats the good thing about this forum,there is so much knowledge available to anyone,and that is why members/guests come back with thanks and even submit pic of there finished job.But to withold information imo is childish

Jimmy

D

DHTiling

A lot of peeps need help at some point...

Howards first post......

Hi everybody i have just passed a tiling course and hope to start my own buiness or get full time work i need all the help i can get

Has a tilers/public forum not helped you.....?

M

medlar

A lot of peeps need help at some point...

Howards first post......

Has a tilers/public forum not helped you.....?

Classic example Dave,As i have said in so may posts when people are asking for help or advise " thats why we are here,to assist you"
Howard,no one makes anyone contribute on this forum,it is just that all the lads are a helpful bunch.I know if i was ever stuck with a problem MY first port of call would be on HERE

Jimmy

Reply to tilers forum or public forum in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen