Search the forum,

Discuss Tiled bath Panel in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

plumb bob

Looking for a bit of proffesional advice, I need to tile a bath panel, standard size bath. Would 9mm or 12mm ply be ok ? also is a standard tile adhesive ok on the ply if ply is to be used ? thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

P

PuPPeT

yep same as pete.backer board or plaster board.but remember you may want to have a access panel at the tap end just to be on the safe side.

P

plumb bob

Thanks for the posts. should of done a search first probably heard this question a few times already. cheers

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Steer clear of ply round the bath. Backer board all the way.

S

swanman

Dont Agree

Ive just tiled a bath panel and that was 12mm ply Long as you prime the ply and use fast flex adhesive you will be ok

Reply to Tiled bath Panel in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm searching for 42 pieces of 12" x 12" Verde Alpi marble tiles. Preferably honed. 12" x 24"...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen