Search the forum,

Discuss Tiled bath panel access-half bond tiles in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Amanda

TF
Reaction score
Hi

I have tiled the whole of my bathroom and just have the bath panel to complete.....it is a short bath, we have built a wooden frame for it and wish to tile in the same as the walls. The tiles are smooth metro 50x200 that are in a half bond pattern.

I intend to use backerboard, screwed onto ply and the wooden frame as my base.

I think I should do it to allow access but want a neat finish. I can't do a concealed square due to the half bond.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Please note I am just a DIYer

P

Perry

At the tap end cut the board half bond and use silicone on the joint and edges. Just cut it short so the tiles on the panel just sit on the fixed board.

P

Perry

I would also just make it out of plasterboard cheaper and easier. Unless you mean widi type of backerboard. Hardibacker type is cement board, but forget the ply.

Reply to Tiled bath panel access-half bond tiles in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen