Search the forum,

Discuss Tile traing in the Midlands in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

aaronrst

Hi all new to this site and looking at doing some tiling courses (weekends would be better for now as have work in week) can anyone recomend any courses in the midlands i live between Derby and Nottingham but willing to travel a reasonable distance for training have been looking at YTA and The Construction SKills College Limited Stoke?any help welcome Thanks Aaron:smilewinkgrin:

D

Dale44

Hi. was from the Midlands myself (close to Birmingham area) when I did my training. Be carefull not to enroll on one of the useless courses, and learn no more than you know now.
I travelled to South Shields and did my training at North East Tiling Training. They even help you sort digs.
Before NETT, I did a few different courses around local areas and what a waste of time and money.
I now live in Tenerife using the tiling and plastering skills that I gainned from NETT.
Phone Darren or Tracey and have a chat. They are lovely people, and will give good advise.

Good luck mate.

B

barryborat

Hi Pal,

The centres' that are deemed worth considering, going on forum feedback, appear too be NETT, North East, Construction training, Stoke/Wolverampton and Ableskills, Dartford, Goldtrowel,Southampton way.Either way, YOU MUST VISIT your shortlisted centre/centres and speak to the Numpty running the course as well as the course students. Its no good parting with large amounts of Wonga only to find out the course is not good once you turn up!!!
Too many people waste money on training courses that they haven't researched probably because they couldn't be bothered to visit the training centre before parting with the Wonga.

VISITING THE TRAINING CENTRE IS A MUST!!

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Max@ableskills

Hi all new to this site and looking at doing some tiling courses (weekends would be better for now as have work in week) can anyone recomend any courses in the midlands i live between Derby and Nottingham but willing to travel a reasonable distance for training have been looking at YTA and The Construction SKills College Limited Stoke?any help welcome Thanks Aaron:smilewinkgrin:

Hi. We operate weekend training courses in all our construction and technical trades including qualification courses. We are based in Dartford Kent just 5 minutes from the M25 exit.

We have people travel from all over the UK and from overseas to train with us.

If you train with us we can organise accommodation for you in one of our own premises all of which are within walking distance of the centre.

Check out our website www.ableskills.co.uk or call on 01322280202 to make arrangements or request a brochure.

All the best and good luck

A

aaronrst

Thanks guys will take a look my plan is to get as much training as possible as i plan to move to Austrailia in 2/3 years time (not using tiling to get in) and work along side my cousin that is a tiler so i'd like to have a good head start and do a few family jobs before i go so the training will be a Big help :thumbsup: thanks Aaron

T

TradeTeacher Emily

Hi,
At construction skills college we offer 5 and 10 day tiling courses perfect for little or no experience. Any more information give me a shout and i will be more than happy to help you :)

Reply to Tile traing in the Midlands in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen