Discuss Tile suitability for shower in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Paul whyte

E3A0B5E3-3E03-4239-AB08-0878CCF2B654.jpeg
hi, could you give me opinions on the suitability of these tiles for a shower room (floor to ceiling). Pompeya dark tiles 600x300 see photo. I have been given mixed views. Websites selling them state they are suitable but I’m told a rep from the manufacturer told a supplier they are no good as you don’t grout. The photo attached shows grout applied crudely on places (to the left of the price sheet) on a shop display. I was also told that this style of tile is susceptible to leaks in the corner of showers. Many thanks.

F

Flintstone

Upon closer inspection, they look like a porcelain tile made to look like split faced slate. If that is the case then yes they could be used in a shower

P

Paul whyte

Thanks. They are porcelain but I agree they would need to be grouted to have any chance of waterproofing..i think you could generate a gap of around 1mm to apply grout but would always be worried that water is getting through. Shame because they look great and I’ve seen nothing as appealing.

T

Time's Ran Out

D1FC3E11-ABF3-462D-B6F3-DA780868F821.png
They are just an interlocking tile so you can grout then as easily as any other joint!
Used them in limestone colour previously as a border strip - look ok.

Reply to Tile suitability for shower in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay