Discuss Tile suitability for shower in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

P

Paul whyte

E3A0B5E3-3E03-4239-AB08-0878CCF2B654.jpeg
hi, could you give me opinions on the suitability of these tiles for a shower room (floor to ceiling). Pompeya dark tiles 600x300 see photo. I have been given mixed views. Websites selling them state they are suitable but I’m told a rep from the manufacturer told a supplier they are no good as you don’t grout. The photo attached shows grout applied crudely on places (to the left of the price sheet) on a shop display. I was also told that this style of tile is susceptible to leaks in the corner of showers. Many thanks.

F

Flintstone

Upon closer inspection, they look like a porcelain tile made to look like split faced slate. If that is the case then yes they could be used in a shower

P

Paul whyte

Thanks. They are porcelain but I agree they would need to be grouted to have any chance of waterproofing..i think you could generate a gap of around 1mm to apply grout but would always be worried that water is getting through. Shame because they look great and I’ve seen nothing as appealing.

T

Time's Ran Out

D1FC3E11-ABF3-462D-B6F3-DA780868F821.png
They are just an interlocking tile so you can grout then as easily as any other joint!
Used them in limestone colour previously as a border strip - look ok.

Reply to Tile suitability for shower in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks