Search the forum,

Discuss Tile Repair in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jaydebruyne

If a tile surface has been slightly scratched with a blade from a multitool, can it be repaired?? The scratch isn't deep, it's literally just lightly scratched the surface. Tiles are dark grey.

Can it be polished out or something?

J

jaydebruyne

Yes mate, if it's not too bad, a bath rubber will bring it out, failing that, use a bit of 1200 grit wet and dry with a bit of water.
Like this: Titan Wet & Dry Sanding Paper 230 x 280mm 1200 Grit Pack of 10
So I just literally sand away the scratch? Sorry to sound think

I

Ian

Like this: Titan Wet & Dry Sanding Paper 230 x 280mm 1200 Grit Pack of 10
So I just literally sand away the scratch? Sorry to sound think
Yeah that should do just fine. If you have any stone polishing pads, they work just the same. Just rip a little square off and wet (spit!) on it, and rub it gently until the mark disappears. Always worth trying in an inconspicuous area first just to be sure the tile doesn't mark or the glaze isn't really thin and you rub through it.

J

jaydebruyne

Yeah that should do just fine. If you have any stone polishing pads, they work just the same. Just rip a little square off and wet (spit!) on it, and rub it gently until the mark disappears. Always worth trying in an inconspicuous area first just to be sure the tile doesn't mark or the glaze isn't really thin and you rub through it.

Nice one, I'll give it a go. Cheers for your help Bri, really appreciate it.

J

jaydebruyne

That bath rubber, does it work on any type of tile? Ceramic, granite etc? Or is it best to use the wet and dry or stone polisher?

Q

Qwerty

It's a bit like the old hard erasure at school, it is slightly abrasive but pulls the mark out of the surface

Reply to Tile Repair in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Further to my other post re our hollow tiles issue It looks like our tiler has dot and dabbed...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen