Search the forum,

Discuss Tile recommendation for a Garage in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

kevg

Thinking of tiling the garage next, I'm looking for a hard wearing tile that will be up to the job. Any recommendations or has anyone done this ?

S

Sean fsy

Done a garage floor a few years ago. still spot on to the day. cant remeber what tiles they were, jusk ask your local supplier what they recommend.

mediaa.jpg

media.jpg

T

Time's Ran Out

Most dust pressed or 12mm+ porcelain tiles will be suitable but the feature I'd look for is a matt/non slip surface - unless as shown by others its a car showroom!
It will be very important to achieve 100% bedding in the adhesive and don't forget you can lay some UFH where the vehicle stand to allow easy starting in the winter:smilewinkgrin:

R

Rich

As above, porcy. A tile with a through body, the entire tile will be the wearing surface. As said above, ask your supplier and make sure the installation is correct :thumbsup:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Kev, get yourself in the arms mate. You can get some decent discounts on mapei adhesives from Tile Giant.

Reply to Tile recommendation for a Garage in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen