Search the forum,

Discuss Tile Over Wooden Extractor Hood! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

moomarine

Customer wants me to tile over the top part of the pictured wooden extractor (as well as the rest of the splash back) with mosaic tiles. What would your recommendations be here? Hardiebacker secured to the wood then tile over or is this not going to work?

It is a pretty solid piece of kit and he is getting a carpenter to re-fix it to the wall so that it can bare the weight of the tiles etc.

I don't quite get the concept of why they want this tiled as I don't think it will look good or be that safe (weight etc) I did express all my concerns about it but he's adamant he wants to give it a go. My worry is that the whole thing will come off the wall and cause serious damage but he's again quite adamant that the carpenter or whoever he gets to re-enforce it to the wall is going to do a good job of it!

Your thoughts please. And the picture is attached below.

PS was not sure which forum to put this in!?

image.jpeg

W

White Room

Use 10mm wedi/marmox type boards which are very light, if using mosaic make sure the washers you use with those boards are just below the surface or flush.

M

moomarine

What is the best places to get some of this At short notice? Does anywhere like screwfix do this where I can just go in and get it?

M

moomarine

I'm in Rugby, not got a CTD account as the closest one is Northampton.
Close to Coventry. Most of the tile shops I use only seem to have hardiebacker. Going to go to a few in rugby later and see if they stock it.

M

moomarine

Going to use 6mm hardiebacker as the client has had a chippy in to reinforce it to the wall. Couldn't find anywhere near me that does wedi etc!

Reply to Tile Over Wooden Extractor Hood! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen