Search the forum,

Discuss tile layout help in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

magor

on the backwall in the corner i have 3/4 tile on the side wall same corner i have a full tile is this ok? the reson for the full tile is i can fit full tiles across the side wall

another question
im having a border tile with a crome pencil bar above and below the border tile the pencil bars are 1.5m lengths...should i have a grout line between the pencil bar and the tiles and the border tile

S

Smithy153

If your having a full tile against the wall u need to ensure that the walls are dead straight as it leaves no room without horrible slither cuts if the walls are out. If the walls are out I'd but a half tile against the Walls to allow for this.

I would leave a grout line between tiles, pencil border and border

Last edited by a moderator:
M

magor

i would need to cut a 1/3 inch of the full tile to make it fit is that ok. the walls are pretty straight

S

Smithy153

As long as your doing a square pattern it doesn't really matter what goes into the corners. You could have two three quarter tiles. A nearly full tile and a quarter tile. It's not so important visually on a square pattern. Is that 1/3 of an inch both ends?

M

magor

Sounds like your set then. Hopefully we can see some pics of your finished work
yes i will post som pictures when im finished thanks to the forum and members for the info didnt relize ther was so much more to tilling than putting tiles on a wall

R

rolly2

always have a cut tile at a corner, walls are never straight. find center of wall and put a tile either side and go to the end of wall then repeat with center line in the middle of tile see whats best you want a half or 3/4 tile at end idealy:thumbsup:

Reply to tile layout help in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen