Search the forum,

Discuss Tile drilling, hard tile drilling advice in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

W

Waluigi

It really does depend on the bit you’re using.

Personally it doesn’t bother me as all of my pipe work is covered my shrouds

C5CF7C21-1EA6-4CAF-8405-CD7BBDF062DD.jpeg

W

Waluigi

I think some of the people on here who need to get things perfect use the electroplated bits I think. They give a flawless finish, however often require water.

I think the diamonds are just finer. Not sure on the terminology. They drill better, that’s all I know :flushed:

W

Waluigi

Get yourself a variable speed grinder, so you can use it for polishing tile edges/mitres etc as well.
I got a Bosch variable speed from @Pro Tiler Tools and its paid for itself with the time i have saved.

Yes definitely, the variable speed grinder is essential in a tilers tool kit. I have a flex which seems to do the job.

Reply to Tile drilling, hard tile drilling advice in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen