Search the forum,

Discuss Tile drilling, hard tile drilling advice in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

W

Waluigi

Red will be marcrist, light blue erbauer, darker blue Mexco.

Anyway, get a grinder, that’s what these bits are designed for. Far quicker than a drill and the bit stays much cooler. Even on the hardest porcelain it’s 1 dip halfway through drilling. They’re all I use.
8A47CA7F-A241-4E81-9A6E-7B14D4477371.jpeg

W

Waluigi

Yeah set your drill to Grinder mode

Seriously though, the grinder is the missing link here. I have a video of me drilling onto Porc and it’s so fast.

C

Concrete guy

Appreciate the link @Waluigi

We have to tread to carefully on the forum when discussing our products as we're not a paying sponsor. So if anyone has any questions I can provide advice but can't openly push (or link in open forum to) our own products.

I can give generic advice about types of bits and the guys here have covered most bases already.

The key with this type of drill bit though (whoever's you buy) is not to apply too much pressure. Unlike drilling timber, metal or masonry where you can lean on it to push through, that will just destroy a diamond drill bit. It's the speed and the diamonds that do the work, just let them go through at the pace they want to.

Reply to Tile drilling, hard tile drilling advice in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen