Search the forum,

Discuss Tile design software / Tile Design Apps in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

dundeetiler

That example looks ideal to something I'm looking for. Nothing too fancy but nothing too plain. I'll go download it and see how I get on. Fingers crossed lol.

O

Old Mod

The one I use is called Sketchup (30 day free trial of the pro version then the free Sketchup Make kicks in with only a few techy functions taken off).

There is also a free plugin called Twilight Render Hobby for doing the prettier 3d visuals.

Its fairly easy to use, but can be a little time consuming when try to apply tiles. You can do a texture in photoshop and apply it to the model, but I actually make each tiles as a component and effectively, tile the room. Good fun.

3D modeling for everyone | SketchUp - http://www.sketchup.com/
Twilight Render Plugin for SketchUp - https://www.twilightrender.com/

Would you say you know enough to be able to teach someone how to use it Paul?

T

Tile Shop

Would you say you know enough to be able to teach someone how to use it Paul?

Probably the basics, yes. It is easier than autocad for doing layouts and there are loads of free plugins to make some of the more complicated tasks easier.

For what i want to use it for, basic tiling layouts, i've learnt a couple of ways of using it, but every time i switch it on, i'm learning something new. But should know enough to rustle up a guide of how i do it. When i have time, i will try and rustle up a few step-by-step screenshots a stick a new thread up.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Naw none yet, something to do with my Visual C++ but that's probably due to my laptop needing a years worth of updates so I'll need to bide time.
Get it updated and leave it running over night to install them all etc. There hAve been some quite serious security updates to windows this past year or so.

T

Tile Shop

I know I said I would do a tutorial, but so far haven't found the time to do it. However, this is one I started yesterday and finished within 10 minutes of coming in this morning. so probably spent no more than an hour. Again, its basic and so much more could go into it, but it was to show the customer a possible layout for a particular range of tiles:
Mia 1.jpg Mia 2.jpg

Reply to Tile design software / Tile Design Apps in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen