Search the forum,

Discuss Tile colour rubbing off? in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tiniestgarden

We moved into our flat a few months ago. The kitchen floor has fairly cheap ceramic tiles which have a printed black finish and rough surface - kind of 'fake slate' thing.

The colour on the tiles seems to be rubbing off on our feet / socks. If you spend some time in there with white socks on the soles end up black.

The floor is cleaned once a week so I don't think it's dirt! We've tried a few different cleaning products including those for ceramic tiles but nothing seems to have had an effect.

Is this something that can happen with cheap tiles? Is there a product we can use to seal the colour or similar? Since we've only just moved we're not yet in a position to retile the floor, although the plan is longer term to do that, so wondered if there's an interim thing just to save the socks.

J

J Sid

Sound to me that it's either been painted or more likely dirty. I would insist my cleaning staff clean most days.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Wear some slippers :D . .

D

Dumbo

Get something like lithofin wexa and give it a good clean ( test in an inconspicuous area first )

Reply to Tile colour rubbing off? in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen