Search the forum,

Discuss Three way Mitre 12.5 mm alu quadrant in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

larmar

Tried different way of doing this none look too good ,still end up with a sharp edge , can you get ready made corners for this profile ,any help would be welcome , Cheers , L.M . Tiles

R

rhyd4

you can get difrent types of edging for plastic or metal trim, 2way or 3 way.
one type is for forward facing walls and you can get little stop bits to fit into the trim for top trim like on splashbacks etc

552295.jpg

quadec_370_x_279_copy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Check the profile of the trim. It'll only work if you check the profile of it from one end and the rounded bit, the bit you'd see once fitted, is a quater of a circle (as if you could put four together to make a whole circle).

You'll find with 12.5mm, even some 9mm, the profile isn't quite right. If you stuck four of them together you'd make some kind of oval. Therefore when you try and do a 3-way mitre with it you'll always end up with an arrow shape with two trims, and then the third just never fits right to the same point.

In this case I think the only thing you could do is get a corner.

L

larmar

Thanks for the help guys . I overcame the problem by running two pieces of trim side by side on each corner so the three walls are treated as three separate fields . Looks ok . I will post pics if i mind my camera . customer is over the moon. Tiles are a meter long and 333mm wide and 12mm thick highly glazed . I have used this size of tile before but they were porcelain and I was using a a square profile trim . Thanks again . I hope you are all busy . :8:

Reply to Three way Mitre 12.5 mm alu quadrant in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, new to forum and first post, after some advice. Recently had the chamber of my fireplace...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen